We had a great turn out and a lot of fun this weekend at the Intro to Arduino class. A big thanks to Steve for putting this class together and helping with getting everything setup. Nick also did a great job with teaching the material and answering questions. We learned a lot about what works and what needs to be adjusted to make the class engaging and fun for everyone.
We also want to thank all of the participants who came to the class! You guys were great and it was awesome to see the gears turning as you learned about the capabilities of the Arduino. We will be offering some more classes soon!
Here is a picture of the class in session.
This Weeks Meeting
Just a quick reminder to everyone coming to the meeting this week. We are hosting a brain-storming session after the initial agenda is covered.
Be Thinking About:
- What we can do to increase membership
- What you expect from the makerspace as a member
- The kinds of tools you would like to see the group purchase
- Topics for workshops you would like to host or attend
See you there!
Our first class in the new space will be an intro to Arduino class!
This class is for beginners and does not require any previous experience with Arduino or programming. The class is free to members and $20 for non-members.
Arduino and components (Available for purchase in class for $20)
- an Arduino Uno or compatible microcontroller
- a breadboard
- assorted jumper wires
- a few resistors
- several LEDs
- two tactile pushbuttons
- an ultrasonic distance sensor (HC-SR04)
- a piezoelectric buzzer/speaker
- USB cable to connect the Arduino to your laptop
- a laptop computer with the Arduino IDE installed before class; you can find the IDE here (https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software) and a tutorial to walk you through the installation can be found here if you need clearer instructions (https://learn.adafruit.com/lesson-0-getting-started – this site has a number of other great tutorials as well!). If you have trouble getting the IDE installed, please contact us so we can help you get that done before the class.
Click HERE to find out more!
After almost 4 months of various issues between the developers and city that kept us from moving in, we are officially in! Come check out our new location at 207 Coxe Ave inside the new Refinery Creator Space. Regular open house & meeting every Tuesday from 7-9pm. Feel free to show up a bit early.
Hey look, the website is back up! We now have a new webhost, which should guarantee us 100% uptime. Sorry for the inconvenience of anyone trying to find it during the last week. It’s a bit bare at the moment, so expect some prettying up shortly.